26 February 2010

This week at the Ashram




This past week my class and I have had the privilege of staying at an Ashram called the Mukteshewar Math. There are many ashrams in India as they are typically a spiritual retreat or place to rest. The building is an amazing work of art made of stone. The building is 250 years old, and five levels high including the terrace. It is complete with Greco-Roman columns as well as Hindu-Muslim style of carving in the walls. I first visited this place two years ago when I traveled to India for two weeks. I distinctly remember feeling the presence of God and calling or importance of work this place would mean to India. Two years later I am experiencing the same feeling and my spirit is happy to be here and learn how to worship in a HIndu way.

No comments:

Post a Comment