I am in Varanasi, India. Sitting at the Aum Cafe enjoying some chai and fruit with my friend Prisha. Her real name is Ilsy. But we have all been given Indian names. Prisha means beloved. My new name is Sadhana. It means to practice devotion with accomplishment in mind, or with the intention of completing a spiritual goal. Thus we practice Sadhana every day for one hour from 9-10am. The studies here are excellent so far. We have Aradhana which means worship 3 times a week and yoga or intercession twice a week. I am here with about 17 other students learning about Hindu culture. I am also learning a lot of Hindi since only two of my other classmates speak english and all the teachings are in Hindi and translated to english. My roommates are all from India, so communicating with them can sometimes be a challenge as they all speak Hindi. But all the more motivation to put the extra effort into learning the language. Today and every Sunday we will have Satsang.
Sorry this is so short. More to come later. :)
Oh Sadhana, I am SO excited for you. You were born for such a time as this. I know where you are at is literally miles away from where you grew up! Just think GOd knew all along what He was preparing you for! Thanks for the blog! I look forward to reading more!
ReplyDelete